Easy Strawberry Flapjacks
Over Father's Day weekend we went strawberry picking, so I have loads of strawberries I need to start using up. I'm not a huge fan of plain old pancakes, they have to have flavor. I love blueberry pancakes so I thought, why not try it with strawberries instead. They are delicious and so easy! I whipped them up with scrambled eggs, sausage links, and it was a great breakfast in bed for the hubby. Try them over the weekend for a great breakfast everyone will love.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced small strawberries
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl mix together egg, milk, and vanilla. Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/low heat.
- 2. Combine together the wet ingredients into the dry. Add melted butter. The batter should be thick and smooth.
- 3. Fold in the strawberries
- 4. Spoon the batter onto the pan 1/4 cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until set and start to bubble. Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- 5. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings