Newborn Must Haves
When I was pregnant with my son, I spent hours searching what I would need for my baby. Being a new mom, I had no idea what a newborn needed. I just wanted everything for him. Like any mother, I wanted to be over prepared rather than under prepared. I quickly learnt that I wasted a lot of money and a lot of it did not turn out to be as baby friendly.
I decided I would list out all the products that I found extremely helpful for my newborn.
- 1. Fisher-Price Auto Rock’n’Play Sleeper – THIS WAS AN ABSOLUTE LIVE SAVER! My son hated sleeping in his bassinet because of how big it was and on the other hand, hated being swaddled. This Sleeper was an absolute life saver! The Rock’n’Play will really help if your baby has bad acid reflux. It was because of this Rock’n’Play I was able to get some sleep. Mommies, this is a great investment.
- 2. Halo Sleep Sack As i mentioned previously, my son hated being swaddled, so the Halo Sleep Sack helped him have a good night's rest. This can be used to both swaddle your baby with his/her arms in or out. I also worried about the swaddle blanket getting loose during the night and suffocating my baby (I KNOW IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH BUT BELIEVE ME, I COULDN’T STOP MYSELF FROM THINKING THAT) but the sleep sack really eased my worries.
- 3. K-TAN BABY WRAP – The K-TAN really helped keeping my newborn all snuggled on mamas chest and the best part was, I had two free hands again! I know everyone has different opinions about baby wearing but for me, this product really worked.
- 4. Playtex Vent Air Bottles (Anti Colic) – Everyone has their own preferences but these bottles really helped. I was trying these bottles for the first time to see how they would work for Isaiah and I fell in love!
- 5. Fisher Price Musical Play Mat – Another one of my favorites, something to keep my baby entertained, the older Isaiah got the more he enjoyed looking at himself in the mirror and kicking his legs to the music.
- 6. Mommy Bliss Gripe Water – Lastly, this was a LIFE SAVER! My advice would be to always double check with your pediatrician before using this but it worked really well for us. Isaiah had a really hard time digesting and feeling settled after a bottle but once I started using the Gripe water it made a world of a difference.
- I absolutely loved everything I listed above, there are so many other products I loved but that would take a long long time!
Isaiah is now a toddler and I have a list of must haves for toddlers so make sure you keep an eye out for the next article.