The Mom, The Kids and The Gym
If there was something harder than rocket science I think I just found it. On what planet, is someone able to be full time parents, be social with their friends, take care of the kids, have a steady income, be emotionally stable AND GO TO THE GYM all at the same time????? I feel like I'm drowning in my own life... please tell me I'm not the only one!
- 1. Use a pedometer to track your steps. Aim to take 10,000 steps per day. For example, run around the park with your kids, or walk to the store instead of driving.
- 2. Set up a simple home gym. My favourite pieces are the foam roller, stability ball and free weights. Train beside your kids as they play.
- 3. Go for runs while your child is sleeping and your other half can be on baby duty. Try intervals as they allow for a great workout in a short amount of time. After a five-minute warm-up, alternate 15 seconds of hard work with 45 seconds of recovery for 10 sets. Then cool down for five minutes.
- 4. Get a running stroller.
- 5. Sign up for “stroller fit” or another kid-friendly group exercise class.
- 6. Build family outings around being active, instead of simply watching a movie or going to dinner.
- 7. When your child gets older, sign them up for a sports activity like swimming. Then, go for a jog instead of sitting and working during the game or lesson.
- 8. Jog as they bike beside you.
- 9. Walk them to school. Run home.
- 10. Practice your child’s sport with them. Get them to show you the latest skill they’ve learned. For you, learning a new thing will train your body and your brain